OEM & Custom Made
IPI packer technology is probably the most versatile of inflatable packer technologies and has many potential non-standard formats and applications (see IPI Technology).
In addition to enabling variations to standard inflatable packer product dimensions and being able to quickly engineer OEM replacements, IPI has a tradition of taking on manufacturing challenges for customers needing non-standard equipment both for our traditional markets and for other industrial applications – for surface applications or offshore. IPI’s advantages and expertise include:
- Our design team draws from many years of experience in providing cost-effective solutions that work.
- The performance characteristics of our bonded construction and its inherent adaptability for different levels of reinforcement, OD, ID and length.
- Elastomers ranging from food grade rubber to 150⁰C rated HNBR.
- Proven applications using inward inflating packer elements that act as seals, sampling or safety devices etc. See article: Inward Inflating Packers also Example 1 picture below
- Many other format options e.g. fixed end elements, special “anchor” or “grip” finishes, limited or non-standard inflation shape.
- Special packer body features such as integral ports, for sampling or injection through the element, or implanted steel buttons for electrical / electronic / sensor contacts.
- Special work is often carried out under Non-Disclosure Agreements and then under contract.
- Our proprietary packer design software that predicts the performance characteristics of new concepts and enables rapid building to specification.
Example 1 - Part of a shipment for a major underground mining project in late 2015. Apart from stainless steel SWIPS equipment for permeability testing the equipment included innovative high pressure water flow diverter systems with inward inflating packers and dedicated control units [a design inspired by oilfield technology] together with inflatable plug and abandonment packers and stainless steel monitoring packers.
Example 2 – A “diverter insert” was replacement OEM safety equipment for an offshore drilling rig utilizing inward inflating technology.
Example 3 – 1.8m diameter pile reforming packer used for Goodwin A project. Design by Clem Rowe, Production Team leader Dave Knell. Picture courtesy AGE Developments Pty Ltd.